i love a good deal. i get it honest, and i can't help it.
one of my favorite stores, providence antiques, (that i've mentioned several times!) is going out of business, so i stopped by the other day to check out their going-out-of-business sale (they're actually just housing their items in an antiques house now, so it's not totally going out of business).
anyway, i got 10 items for $10, and i thought i'd share them with you all! i really love the eccentricity of their pieces, and the colors and mediums mixed in-store. their displays are much like anthropologie's, and always provided endless inspiration for me. such a creative mind behind this store!
anyway, my loot (all scored for $1 each!):
1. a genuine '50's party dress. the fabric on the silk skirt is really pretty, and the dress almost fits me perfectly. after a trip to the alterations store, it'll be perfect in no time.
2. thick "Coffee table" book, covered in decorative hand-made marbled paper. i adore the colors in this paper!
3. (this one counts for two pieces, actually, which is why there aren't 10 items) 2 more thick coffee table books, labeled "43" and "44" with beautiful stamped scroll in red ink. they look so nice on my coffee table!
4. weird wallhanging. i love the turquoise/gold/brown ikat fabric, and the piece in the center is some sort of metal honor pin with a number 2 on it.
5. tiny decorative pillow, with antique indian fabric sewn onto the front of it.
6. no this is not what it looks like (yikes!). it's a bag of real (kind of weirdly steamy) moss!
7. pewter faux twig keychain
8. another decorative wallhanging, with a green felt background, and victorian-looking cherub art in foreground.
9. kitty cat change purse. i love cats.